PMHA / OHG Training Program
BC Coaches Conference - Kamloops, BC - July 12-14, 2019
As part of the 2018/19 agreement, Penticton Minor Hockey and Okanagan Hockey Group will be selecting up to 4 PMHA coaches to attend the 13th annual BC Coaches Conference in Kamloops BC. Successful applicants will receive their registration and accommodations paid for. If you are interested in attending please send an email to: email@example.com for consideration. Representatives from OHA and PMHA will select up to 4 coaches to attend.
Here are more details on the conference:
Kamloops 13th Annual Summer Coaches Conference
July 12th-14th, 2019 - Kamloops, BC
Kamloops Coaches Conference and Kamloops Minor Hockey Association (KMHA) are pleased to announce the 13th Annual Kamloops Summer Coaches Conference July 12th-14th, 2019 at the City of Kamloops Sandman Centre, the home of the Kamloops Blazers.
Past conference guests include:
- Ken Hitchcock - Head Coach, Dallas Stars
- Barry Trotz - Head Coach, Washington Capitals
- Don Hay - Head Coach, Kamloops Blazers
- Ray Bennett - Assistant Coach, Colorado Avalanche
- Kimmo Oikarinen - Finnish Ice Hockey Association
- Mike Johnston - Head Coach, Portland Winterhawks
- Perry Pearn - former NHL Assistant Coach
- Terry Bangen-Assistant Coach, Worcester Railers, ECHL
- Ryan Huska - Head Coach, Stockton Heat, AHL
- Don Nachbaur - Los Angeles Kings, NHL
- Corey McNabb - Director of Player Development, Hockey Canada
- Dan De Palma - Kamloops Blazers Goaltender Coach
- Greg Kozoris - Strength and Conditioning Coach, Kamloops Blazers
Along with the BC Hockey HP1 clinic, a Development 1 is planned in conjunction of this year's Conference. Coaches earn 3 National Coaching Certification points for attending the conference.
The cost for the conference is $295.00 with discounts for associations that register multiple coaches. Register 2 for $450, 3 for $500, 4 for $600 with anymore registered for $100 each. Kamloops coaches fee is only $100.
This includes all of the presentations, a conference gift, Friday night social, continental style breakfast both Saturday and Sunday, along with lunch and dinner on Saturday.
Should you require additional information, please feel free to contact Sean Pitts, Conference Co-Chair and KMHA Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-319-1054.
Since the 2015-16 season, PMHA and the Okanagan Hockey Group (OHG) have agreed on a training contract to help provide enhanced training for PMHA coaches, players and referees.
Contracts to date have included:
- Power Skating training for coaches
- Power skating for development and rep team players
- Power skating for officials
- Goaltending education for coaches
- Weekly goaltending training for PMHA goalies
- Puck control and shooting instruction for coaches
- Face-off and offensive scoring tactics session for coaches
- Hockey Canada Network access for head coaches
- Part of the PMHA Mentorship program
- Selection of elite PMHA officials to attend Kozari Officiating School
- Purchase of tablets for head coaches to use throughout the season
- Seminar on safety person training and concussion awareness
- Off-ice strength and conditioning sessions with rep teams